Back Pain Treatment in Mayfield
Back pain and conditions related to back injuries are problems that affect millions of Americans. If you are struggling with chronic back pain it is important to know that there are alternatives to invasive surgery or relying on strong pain medication. At Young Health USA in Mayfield, we provide expert chiropractic treatment to ease your back pain and help you lead a full and active life.
Different Types of Back Pain
There are several different types of back pain that a person may experience. Medical professionals sometimes categorize back pain in the following ways:
• Axial Pain - This type of pain is normally confined to one specific area in the back.
• Radicular Pain - This is caused by inflammation or compression. It is often extreme or searing pain that flows along the length of the spine.
• Referred Pain - This is an achy, dull pain that may vary in intensity.
The Causes of Back Pain
Back pain may result from a sudden, traumatic incident or might occur due to repetitive motions. The following are a few of the different causes of back pain.
• Bulging Discs - Discs are cushions between the bones in the back. A bulging disc can put pressure on nerves and cause pain.
• Muscle Strains - Muscle strains can result from repetitive movements or sudden movement that causes an injury.
• Arthritis - Different types of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, may cause varying degrees of back pain.
• Traumatic Injuries - An auto accident, a serious fall, or any other type of serious injury can cause severe back pain.
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
Dr. Young has several methods of treatment that can reduce or eliminate your back pain. Spinal manipulation and gentle massage are two techniques our chiropractor may use to provide pain relief. We may use hot and cold therapies or ultrasound treatment as well. Muscle rehab may also be an option that provides pain relief. Muscle rehab can be used to heal soft tissue injuries. The treatment will focus on reducing scar tissue and strengthening the damaged muscles.
Contact Young Health USA in Mayfield, KY
At Young Health USA in Mayfield, we provide personalized treatment plans that address back pain. We offer a variety of services including treatment for neck pain, headaches, vertigo, and sciatica. We also provide muscle rehab and weight loss solutions. Call us today at (270) 859-9037 to learn more or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Young.